Friday, November 23, 2012

Things I Love: Black Friday Edition

Guest blogger Samantha has some lovely holiday gift ideas for you! I have my eye on a few of them....




Well, I guess you could say it's official... It's the day after Thanksgiving, and therefore, it's CHRISTMAS TIME!  I usually try to hold off on decorations, music, and everything until the first week of December, but when it comes to shopping, I need to get it all out of the way ASAP.  So you know I've been scouting my Black Friday favorites for a while now.  Now, I will not be one of the crazies getting out there at 3 AM (will you? Good luck....), but I will be taking advantage of Cyber Monday, the online version of Black Friday.  Here are some of my favorite gifts this year for the special people in your life...

1. Your Mom: Mom will love this very cool herb planter for inside her kitchen.  No more going outside or having to buy herbs in the cold months, and she can label whatever she has growing on the chalkboard frame!  The planter is available at Williams-Sonoma for $129.95.

2. Your Younger Sister: I asked my sister what she wanted for Christmas this year, and she very simply told me, "Tea."  This collection comes in a bunch of different flavors, all with fun names! I particularly like, "Just Chai Me" and "S'oolong Lazy."  The best part, though, is that the labels are pretty colors that can be displayed all year round, even when the tea is long gone!  You can get this tea collection at the KitchenStories shop on Etsy for $16.00.

3. Your Niece or Daughter:  This may sound strange, but children's clothing is my favorite.  I wish they made them in big people sizes.  Especially this dress.  It is so cute.  I can picture it with pink tights and ballet flats, or leggings and boots.  Whatever little girl you have in your life, she is sure to love it.  Just don't buy yourself a matching dress, much as you want to.  You can find this dress at H&M for $24.95.

4. Your Cat:  Even the pets need little something this holiday season, and I know for a fact that my cat would love this little tent.  You can order it from ModCloth for $24.99.

5. Your Dad or Husband:  My husband is a pretty big music enthusiast, so he pulls me into a record store whenever possible.  In case you haven't heard, vinyl is coming back! So break out all those old records you have stashed away, and transfer them to your computer with this USB compatible record player.  This is such a cool gadget that any guy will appreciate, even if he doesn't have a record collection yet!  You can pick this up at Best Buy for $99.98.

6. Your Best Friend: Nan Lawson is one of my favorite artists of the moment.  She does some really sweet pop culture illustrations as well as inspiring words, like this print here.  I always want to build up my girlfriends, so I can't think of a better gift than something that is pretty AND uplifting! You can order an 8 x 10" print from Nan's Etsy shop for $16.00

What do you have in mind for your loved ones this year? Are you braving the Black Friday insanity, or are you sleeping off yesterday's Turkey Coma?  Whatever you do, enjoy!

Happy (Late) Thanksgiving, and happy weekend!
Samantha

4 comments:

  1. We stayed home this year and didn't try to go out shopping on Black Friday. I think I am going to start my shopping next week.
    I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love number 2- I love tea and lots of my friends do too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love little girl's dresses. Who ever decided that getting older meant that you had to be dull too?!

    We spent the wretched day enjoying football play off games. Cheering for the home team. That is what you do in a house full of boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good times on the Noble Wife blog.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails