Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Milo's Visit

My brother and his family are in Florida this week, so we get to have Milo here for a visit. He is a good little boy, a very excellent furry nephew!
He keeps me company in the studio, and we go for walks and visit the horses in the pasture behind our property. He has energy to burn- it is not very often that you find him resting....


It has been nice having him around. We haven't had a dog in the house for a year and a half, since we lost our Daisy. I still have not gotten over that. At this point, I don't know if I'll have another dog... Daisy just occupies a very special place in my heart, and even now sometimes I am gripped by grief and can't believe that she is gone.....

But for now, we are enjoying Milo. He settled in quickly, and I think he thinks this is his new permanent home! But I am sure that he will be happy to get back to his family and his kids in a couple of days... I hope they bring him a nice souvenir... maybe a little tiny Disney World T-shirt???

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your daisy. Please please open your heart for another dog that is sitting right now at your humane society. I lost my Beagle and didn't think I would ever get over it. Though I still love him with all my heart I did find there was another innocent beagle at the humane society that needed a home. I'm now his forever mommy and he has a forever home. There are so many that need a good home. I so hope you open your heart; it's what Daisy would have wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Milo is adorable. Have fun while he visits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Milo is so cute.

    We just lost our Ginger at Christmas last year. She was a rescue dog and just the sweetest thing ever! We had her for 9 years and our home is so very empty without her. I don't know if I can ever do it again.

    While I agree with Marcia, we just aren't even close to being ready.

    Thanks for posting pics of Milo and I hope your brother and his family are enjoying Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, Milo is adorable. Have fun while he visits!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails