Monday, December 5, 2011

Holiday Mail for Heroes and a Project Sneak Peek

Would you like to send holiday cards to our service men and women to brighten their holidays and let them know that they appreciated while they are far away from home? Hurry! You still have time to send your cards to the American Red Cross Holiday Mail for Heroes program. They must be postmarked by this Friday December 9.

The Red Cross is working with Pitney Bowes, a mail stream technology company, to collect and distribute holiday cards to American service members, veterans and their families in the United States and around the world. The process is very simple and takes no time at all - All you need is a pen and piece of paper to share your appreciation for the sacrifices members of the U.S. Armed Forces make to protect our freedoms. The Holiday Mail for Heroes mail box is open and ready to receive for your cards. 

All of the details can be found here and it is very simple. You can even "order" cards online for only $1.00 each- just choose your card design and greeting, and a card will be sent to a service member. Click here for the details. (Really, how easy is that?? Oh my, I hope Ina Garten doesn't get mad at me for stealing her tag line!)


I finished an embroidery design this weekend. Maybe... possibly... it might be part of a project for my next book. But you didn't hear that from me, OK?




I have also been writing a pattern for my Christmas fabric line called Oh Holy Night which comes out next spring. I am trying to work ahead, so I don't have to do it at the last minute... I am glad I got this one done because it seems like it is taking forever..... I don't have Oh Holy Night fabric yet, so I whipped up a sample using Joy,Love,Peace,Noel fabric.

Funny that I am working on something for next Christmas.... shouldn't I be working on stuff for this Christmas? I want to do some baking, but the honest truth is that if I bake now, nothing will be left by Christmas- we just love our Christmas cookies around here... so the baking will have to wait just a little while.

What are you doing this week to get ready for the holidays? Are you already done all of your preparations, or maybe you haven't even started yet? I am trying to just take my time and enjoy this time of year and not get too caught up in the hustle and bustle. How about you??

2 comments:

  1. I had to miss 2 Christmas parties on Saturday and church on Sunday due to my son and I being sick. But I was not to sick to sew and got two of my children's Christmas gifts all sewn and half of another! I also got a cuddle blanket sewn together and wool ornaments made. Sad that I missed so much but I got a lot done. Now I have to make some purses that others ordered from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a new daughter in law in our family this christmas. She is from Ecuador - this will be her first christmas away from her family. I am concentrating on different projects we can do together and less on the usual busy things.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails