Friday, July 1, 2011

In the Studio this Week...

 A peek at what's been happening here this week...

Normally in the morning, I just grab a bowl of cereal and watch Good Morning America. Lately, I have been feeling the need to slow down a bit and savor life, instead of just trying to rush through it (I am sooooo guilty of this- can any other type-A personalities out there relate??) This morning I had a breakfast of herbal tea, whole grain toast, Cornish honey, and strawberries out on the porch. We got the honey on our trip to England last summer, and I am trying to make it last as long as possible- it is delectable. Having a leisurely breakfast out on the porch, with the weather being so perfect (in other words, not 101% humidity), took me back to England in my mind. Ahhh, a little mental vacation.... just what I needed....


I have been working on artwork for an upcoming fabric line (betcha can't tell what the theme is....)


Designing a quilt that daughter called "very green." Why, yes, it is- that was the idea! I need to figure out what kind of borders to do... The design is very linear- should I continue that theme in the borders, or add some curves to balance it out?? hmmm.... I did pick up this fabric at my local quilt shop for the borders, it is Arabella by Pat Sloan for P&B Textiles. The colors are perfect:


Sketching and painting instructional diagrams...

The hydrangeas, daisies and bee balm are in full bloom. Daughter made me this bouquet for the kitchen. Nothing enlivens a space like fresh flowers- especially when they come from your own garden *smile*

What are you doing this weekend to slow down and enjoy life?

The secret o'life is enjoying the passage of time...
Any fool can do it, there ain't nothing to it.
James Taylor

P.S. Happy 22nd anniversary to my wonderful and ever-so-patient-with-me hubby.

P.P.S. You can enter to win a copy of my book, Fruitful Hands, on the Pickledish Blog. Thanks, Diane, for saying such nice things about my book! To enter, and to see photos from the book, click here.

4 comments:

  1. So excited to be the first person to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to hear about your green quilt! My hubby and I and decorating our nursery for our boy and all that green is sooooo perfect! I'm excited to get a pattern. A giveaway, perhaps! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enjoying reading blogs while I hold an ice pack to my cheek. LOL! It must be so exciting to be working on a new fabric line! I remember a trip we took to England and some tea and scones with the most delicious strawberry jam and clotted cream!! Oh, what I wouldn't give for some of that right now. Well, maybe not right now. Give me a week and then I could eat those scones. Of course, jam and clotted cream would be considered "soft foods" so maybe I could have them afterall. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOULD LOVE THIS BOOK!
    LOVE ALL OF YOUR IDEAS!
    I'D MAKE THE UTENSIL PLACEMATS!
    THANKS SO FOR SHARING!
    BLESSINGS,LINDA

    jldouglas@wispwest.net

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails