Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I Am A Calendar Girl!

I am Miss August! Well..... my quilt is, that is. My Spin-Off quilt is the August Quilt in the 
American Patchwork and Quilting 2012 Calendar.
It all started about a year ago, when our family was getting ready to leave for a 12 day trip to England. About 3 hours before we were to leave for the airport, I got an email from one of the editors at APQ asking if I would like to have my quilt included in the calendar, and could I have the quilt to them in a few short weeks. Of course, I said YES, and wondered how I was going to get this quilt made and quilted and bound and shipped to them by the deadline, considering I would be an ocean away for the next week and a half.... and I had designed it with my Sewing Room Social fabric in mind, but at the time I did not have the actual fabric yet, (and it wouldn't be available from the mill for another 6 weeks or so), so I would have to find similar fabrics to make the quilt. (I'm so glad I was home to receive and reply to their email...)
So..... we went to England and had a wonderful time. We got back at about 11 pm on a Monday, and on Tuesday morning at about 8 am, I was on my way to my favorite fabric shop, about an hour and a half away. Got everything I needed, and got to work!!

The calendar comes with a booklet with instructions for all 12 quilts. If you can't find the calendar at your favorite quilt shop, you can call 800-826-4707 to order one.

Also, make sure you check back here the first week of August for my book tour. Visit lots of great blogs and get several chances to win a free copy of my book, Fruitful Hands. It's going to be fun!!

7 comments:

  1. That is way cool! I'm glad you were able to go and enjoy your time away. If you are like me you used some of the time to mentally plan out the execution of the quilt and purchases which made that go smoother.

    Congrats on being a calendar girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am thrilled for you even though we have never met.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool. As Susan said I don't know you but have been following you for a short time now.How exciting for you. I'll look for the calendar and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful quilt! I would buy the calendar for your quilt pattern alone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Miss August! It's fitting being your birthday is in August too! The 16th right? :) So cool Jackie, wonderful things are happening in your life!
    Love,
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on becoming Miss August! I think it's really cool that you are featured in the AP&Q calendar. I was so surprised when I opened mine and recognized your name and quilt. I love knowing the story behind how you ended up in the calendar. What a nice send-off for your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being a "Calender Girl!" I love that movie, BTW :) Have you seen it? Your career is growing in leaps and bounds and we're enjoying the journey along with you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails