Friday, June 3, 2011

This Week's Recap...

You know those weeks when you are super busy, but it still seems like there's nothing interesting going on? Yep, it was one of those. Mostly, I spent my time finishing up a couple of quilts using my Joy, Love, Peace, Noel fabric line and writing patterns (blech! on the pattern writing!)
Last night I dropped off a pile for my machine quilter:
 One of the quilts has embroidered blocks to match the motifs in the novelty fabric:

The quilt patterns will be available in about a month.


Maddie was her usual helpful self. Not. What is it about cats that they have to be right in the middle of whatever it is you're trying to do? But if you're not busy, they can't be bothered with you??

I also had a valuable learning experience this week. Never try to iron ribbon with the iron on the cotton/linen setting. Bad move.

 And this week I also finished up a really cute project which will be in the next online issue of Dream, Laugh, Create magazine put out by the girls at LizzieBCreative. I will let you know when the issue is available. Oh and it's FREE! Yay!

Thursday I had lunch at California Pizza Kitchen with daughter and an old college friend (let me clarify: WE are not old, just our friendship :D). You know by now that you shouldn't expect food photos from me. I am usually too busy eating it to remember to snap a photo first.

Ok, so in hindsight, it wasn't a completely uninteresting week- in fact, it was a pretty good one! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Dogs also lay claim to quilts. LOL! The sneak peeks of your Christmas projects look really neat! I ironed a lovely scarf once and ended up with the result you had with your ribbon. :-( I only ever did that once. :-)
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails