Thursday, March 10, 2011

Free Quilt Pattern for "Quilts for Kids"

 First, let me say, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for all of your kind words and support in response to my last post. I think it just goes to show, that everyone feels insecure sometimes, and it's just nice to know that others feel the same way.......
On that note, I did not know that my friend and fellow designer Brenda Riddle had also been feeling reflective lately... Visit her recent post for some of her feelings about success...

I promised to keep you up to date on my progress on my Quilts for Kids project. Well, actually... I got it done. Wow! that was fast! I used the free pattern called For Ella's Sister which is on my website. Here is the original quilt:

For this version, I used- you guessed it- Sewing Room Social fabric. I finished the blocks the other day, and yesterday I sewed them into rows:
Then I sewed on the brown sashing  (to be honest, next time, I would go with a solid, this is a little busy. But it's for a kid, so I think it's OK- it's "vivacious"- yeah, that's the word!):
 And finally, I sewed on the wide blue sashing and it was done:

This is a great pattern when you need a really quick project. The sashing makes the project go super fast. And you can use any block you want- you could even use a solid square in place of the pieced blocks if you are in a big hurry. I think I will do the same pattern in boy colors- it won't take much time at all. Please visit the Quilts for Kids website- maybe you could make a quilt or two- or what a great project for your sewing circle or guild. Put that stash to good use!!

4 comments:

  1. I made a quilt for "Quilts for kids" last summer and loved doing it. Just last week, I pulled some bright fabrics in primary colors to make a couple more. I like your pattern with the strips and may try that one. Thanks, Jacquelynne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!!! Another free pattern. Cheap little me can barely afford fabric, so this is a great gift.
    Thanks Jacquelynne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING! #tigerblood


    -Charlie Sheen

    www.twitter.com/charliesheen

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so great what you are doing for the kids. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails