Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Movie Review

The weekend approaches, and while I don't consider myself a movie critic at all, I did want to let you in on my opinion of this film, which opened last weekend.
I went to see this movie last weekend mainly because it stars Jamie Lee Curtis and Sigourney Weaver, two of my favorite actresses. It is about what happens when high school nemeses meet up again- 2 of them about 10 years after graduation, and 2 of them about 30 years after graduation. It is a story of forgiveness, of leaving the past behind while appreciating the person that it helped mold you to be, and moving on and enjoying your present. The performances were great (it also stars Betty White who is everywhere these days- Go Betty!), the story was cute, and there was a performance by Hall and Oates during the end credits which made me smile and tap my foot. But here is the biggest reason I took my family to see this movie- because I could take my family to see this movie. It is rated PG, not PG-13. Frankly, there are some PG-13 movies that I am uncomfortable letting my 15 1/2 year old watch- and I am tired of it. This movie had no foul language, no sexual innuendo. And it was still a good, entertaining movie. I say we vote with our wallets and let Hollywood know that there is an audience for truly family friendly entertainment. And that's just my 2 cents.
Enjoy your weekend, whatever you decide to do!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you did a review on this movie...I wondered if it was any good. I LOOOOOOOOOVE Hall and Oats!

    Glad you got a chance to relax and watch a movie, I know you are soooo busy!

    Love,
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looked cute, and now that I have your review, it will be one I want to see, thanks! I agree.....there is a big gap between PG-13 and PG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so hard to find good movies these days! Thank you for the review and I put in in my Netflix queue!!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails