Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Re-visiting Old Friends

I wanted to share some photos of some antique quilts which were on display at Winterthur Museum about 3 years ago. I've shared these here on my blog before, but I wanted to show them again because I think they deserve an encore.
I like this one because of its simplicity, and it only uses 2 fabrics. I don't think I've ever made a quilt with less than 5 different fabrics. I also like the individual motifs, which are timeless.
This one was so intricate, I could just spend hours studying it- thousands of little 1 or 2" patches, all handstitched together. The colors in this old quilt are back in popularity again- brown, blue, light red.
I hope you've enjoyed looking at these magnificent quilts again as much as I have.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jacquelynne, I love these quilts! Especially the first one...the color choices remind me of a silhouette.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails