Friday, May 28, 2010

My Big Announcement

Back in January, I gave you a little sneak peek of something I have been working on.... and now I can finally share with you.... I am so excited to announce my new fabric line with Henry Glass Fabrics called Sewing Room Social. It is so much fun- little mice and birds gathering and playing in the sewing room, really pretty colors and fun buttons and flowers and teacups. We introduced the line at Spring Quilt Market last weekend and got a great response. Below, a preview of the panel and coordinating fabrics:


Ask for my line at your favorite quilt shop! It will be in stores in October, shop owners can order it now. I have also developed 2 free patterns to promote the line- they will be available soon, so make sure to check back here. (see images below.)

Designing fabric is something I've been wanting to do for a very long time- it is the perfect way for me to combine my love of painting and sewing and color (some of you know that I am a "color geek"). It has not always been easy, getting to this point. It has many, many times seemed like one step forward and two (or three...) steps back... I've often felt like I was sitting by the phone, waiting for the boy I like to call to ask me to the prom, wondering if he'd ever call.... but here I am, and I must tell you, I feel just a tiny bit like Cinderella, finally going to the ball (though I really don't look like her, sitting here in my pj's, but you get the idea.) I have worked really hard to get here- finally.... So the moral of this story is not surprising, I'm sure you've heard it from your mom or dad, or maybe a favorite teacher, or maybe just the hero/heroine of your favorite fairy tale- Never give up! Dreams come true!

Have a wonderful weekend!

21 comments:

  1. Your line of fabric is beautiful and fun! Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am just thrilled for you!
    The fabric is lovely....your work is simply great!

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new line...congratulations!! Can hardly wait to see it in shops.

    Have a God Filled Day
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your fabric line ... congratulations! I am glad that you have not given up! And the patterns are so great too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you!! WOW!! I love the designs {the mouse is fantastic} and the patterns are terrific.
    Wishing you much success,

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!! You deserve it. Looks great and I can't wait to see it in stores.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations...the line looks adorable. I hope my local quilt shop gets it. She went out to Spring Market.....so I'm hoping she saw it and ordered it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! Your designs are just womderful! i hope my quilt shop will get it, too! Good job, YOU!! Polly from http://www.auntpollysporch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are jsut gorgeous, hope we get them downunder - or it will just have to be another internet order.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love the fabric and will have to ask the shop owners here if they have ordered it yet. Congratulations on such an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very exciting news! Congratulations! Your fabric designs are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Jacquelynne!!! It's so lovely! Beyond cute! Congrats to you for such a grand accomplishment! I hope it sells ooodles and ooodles and ooodles!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! Your fabric is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What wonderful fabrics. I'm so very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! It's wonderful and I can hardly wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the fabric! So cute! Will you let us know where we can order it online?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats! This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations!
    You must be proud of your work, all that wait made your dreams come true!
    Your patterns and fabrics are wonderful.:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, how exciting!! Your fabric is gorgeous and I love your patterns, Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. totally cute. I am so going to have to find some of that mouse fabric

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails