Tuesday, November 25, 2008

In the Studio Today

Hubby and I managed to get away this past weekend and spent a couple of days at a nice Bed and Breakfast in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. It was lovely (and well stocked with complimentary yummy chocolate chip cookies and chocolate!), I will post some photos tomorrow. On the way up we made a few stops and I happened to find these great buttons, so now I can finish up the huge stack of pins that I have started. I actually have an order to fill, but my button supply was meager, so now I can get to work and get them done.Also, last Friday I got together with an old friend whom I haven't seen in ages. We had a very nice lunch and did a little shopping. There is a cute little country gift shop in my town, the owner always has the cutest things. Near the register, there was the most adorable Mr. and Mrs. Claus. I collect Santas, so I was tempted. My friend also loved them, but there was only one set. My friend decided to get it (and though I was little jealous, I figured she had just saved me some money! And I figured I could go visit the jolly couple at her house any time I wanted!) So the cashier went to get the boxes, and guess what- there was one more set! So I had to get them, and now my Mr. and Mrs. Claus can go visit her Mr. and Mrs. Claus... They are in my office for now, until I get all of my decorations up and find a "special" place for them... Oh I am so happy, they just make me smile! (I love how Santa's mouth is open, ready to shove that cookie in...)Finally, this afternoon I am going to take a ride up to pick up Sam from college for Thanksgiving break- now that REALLY makes me Happy!!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Great buttons! I love buttons and have three big glass jars full plus some small containers full. I love Santa and the Mrs. They will be cute holiday decorations.
    Hope you have a Blessed Thanksgiving,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last time I went to my mom's house she had a box full of buttons. I loved that so when I got home I looked around and found a couple of really big bags of buttons at a local craft store- I just love digging thru them to find the perfect one for each of my crafts.
    I love your Santa and Mrs Claus~ So cute! Have a great Thanksgiving~♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh love the buttons...
    Thanks for the visit to my blog. The cinnamon ornie are great and they will make the house smell so good while they dry. I have painted some glitter paint on them to for a little shine!! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the buttons! Have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you were able to get that sweet pair.

    Thanks for the nice comment on the blog. It is interesting...this parenting thing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails