Thursday, August 14, 2008

Nature's Beauty: The Whisper of God


Let us be silent, that we might hear the whisper of God. Emerson





A few more photos from the garden.... It is such a feast for the eyes at this time of year, sometimes the beauty almost overwhelms me.... I often pray as I walk in the morning, but seeing the sun come up over fields of soybean and rye, and hearing the birds sing their song, and smelling the cool fresh moist air... sometimes all I can say is "thank you".... It is the simplest prayer... and often all that needs to be said...


Crape Myrtle nearing the end of its bloom...




























One small branch on the dogwood is showing color; probably due to an injury to the tree, since it's much too early for autumn color, but it is brilliant, just the same. Even the ruffled edge of a leaf, caused by the nibbling of a bug, is captivating....


Be still, and know that I am God,

I will be exalted among the nations,

I will be exalted in the earth.

Psalm 46:10








1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails