Monday, June 9, 2008

Mercy me, it's hot out there!

So those beautiful days that I wrote of just a week ago are now GONE and it has been in the upper 90s for the past 3 days here. Seems we got just 1 week of spring and summer is here- sweaty, sweltering summer... I'm wilting here.... This is NOT my favorite weather. The first week of June feels like August, blech.

Saturday it was around 97 or 98 degrees and my family was at Six Flags Great Adventure with a youth group trip. Hot and sticky, the lines were long and many of the rides were broken (we stood in 1 line for over an hour and then the ride broke- not fun). But we did get to see one of our favorite bands, Mercy Me, in concert, so all was not lost.

Here is the video for their most popular song- I dare you to not get goose bumps or teary eyed when you listen to the lyrics. When things are really really bad, this seems to put it everything in perspective for me- that this world is not my home, and Someone is waiting for me...




"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails