Friday, February 1, 2008

Rainy Day Fun

Today is really miserable- 39 degrees, rain, wind. But I have promised my soon-to-be 13 year old daughter a day out (she has a half day of school) with lunch, a trip to the library, maybe a visit to JoAnne Fabrics to look at scrapbooking supplies (yes, while my vices happen to be fabric and paint, my daughter covets fancy papers and stamps and stickers). In spite of the awful weather, I am looking forward to having a fun afternoon with her, discussing her upcoming birthday, and whatever else comes up.

In the meantime, I am working on a new quilt design, I really love the way the fabrics I've found in my stash work together.
Yesterday, I stopped by Needles & Pins, a local quilt shop which is owned by a woman named Marie that I met a few years ago at another shop (now closed). I was dropping off 4 quilt tops for the longarm quilter to finish up for me and I can't wait to see how they come out. They will be samples for some patterns I am putting together. Everyone in the shop was very receptive to my designs, and I will probably end up teaching a few classes there. It was nice to be among kindred spirits, there was so much energy in the shop and I can't wait to go back! Thanks to hubby for taking the picture below of one of my new designs (He's a much better photographer than me).


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails