Thursday, December 13, 2007

Grace and Gratitude

While I was in the shower this morning, my mind was racing about all the things I need to get done today. I realized that I needed to pause and calm down. For me, the best way is through prayer. It went something like this:

God, I'm so overwhelmed, help me today to do everything I have to get done. And thank You. Thank You for everything You have given me- because actually, that list of things that I feel that I need to do is a result of the gracious abundance that You have provided me with. Thank You that I have a house to clean, thank You that I have children and a husband to pick up after, thank You that I have the means to buy presents and bake goodies for those I love. Thank You that I'm not alone this Christmas. Help me to always remember how You have blessed me, remind me not to grumble and complain about things that are so unimportant. Show me how to help and love others who are not as fortunate as I am during this very hectic and hurried time of year. Thank You for giving me the honor and privilege of serving You in whatever way I can. Amen.

I love how God gently reminds me what my priorities should be- loving and serving Him, loving and serving my family, loving and serving whomever else I can. I love how His grace helps me to be content in all things, for on my own I am selfish and self-centered, and tend to spin my wheels a lot.

For I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails